We have learned that starting Friday, January 12, 2018, all guests who are staying at eligible Walt Disney World Resort hotels as Club level guests can purchase a new “Theme Park Extra”. This “Theme Park Extra” will include additional FastPass+ benefits as well as preferred viewing for nighttime spectaculars.
The charge for this “Extra” will be $50 plus tax per guest per day. Guests who are staying in the eligible rooms must have purchased a 3 day or longer theme park ticket or have an annual pass to purchase this add on.
The “Theme Park Extra” includes:
- 3 additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions (arrival windows are limited) as well as a 3 day minimum purchase is required.
- Guests can reserve these 3 additional FastPass+ selections in more than 1 theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is purchased with the ticket.
- Guests can book their FastPass+ selections 90 days in advance for those additional 3 selections and can book them at multiple top-tier attractions that are typically limited. Guests are limited to one FastPass+ at each attraction per day (so you can’t book 2 Flight of Passage FastPass+ in one day).
- Guests will be able to select 1 preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars per day. Availability for each location is limited.
Guests who are staying at the Following Disney World Resorts and Room Categories may purchase this new add on:
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Club Level
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – Club Level
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – Club Level
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
Any Disney guests staying on Disney property and at select Disney Springs hotels will continue to receive up to 3 FastPass+ selections at a single park per day at no additional cost, 60 days in advance.
This is a Pilot Program and Disney is testing it out to see how guests react and how popular this will be.
What do you think of this new addition?